TO FIND A SUBJECT OR PREVIOUS CLASS TYPE IN WHAT YOU WANT INTO SEARCH BELOW
Pastor John... B.A. from Florida Bible College. Miami. FL;
USG in continuing education from
Ultimate Warrior Theological Seminary
Bible Doctrine Church
Monterey Peninsula, CA
Bible Teacher: Pastor John
>> Class Notes #192 - “Doctrine of The Few” taught 18 Jun 2017
Note: All Scriptures used are from the King James Bible unless otherwise indicated. Remember Pastor John’s “First Rule of spiritual growth”, summed up in a single word – Compliance! If you don’t APPLY metabolized doctrine, it doesn’t work”.
1. Evidently GHS felt that the small word “few” was important enough to include it 65 times into The WOG. Being part of the “few” means you will be in the minority. Doctrine in your soul is what will enable YOU to take the proper action. Doctrine will ALWAYS put you in the minority. Even though you are in the minority, & even when people say that you are crazy, or a fanatic, or that there is something wrong with you, what others say about you doesn't matter, it is ONLY what God thinks of YOU that counts. Just remember that it is easier for believers to follow their friends into the cosmic system, than for you to remain faithful to the teaching of Bible doctrine. For example, It was NOT the majority, or the world, condemning Noah. Rather, it was Noah's life, condemning the world. It is not the supergrace believer being judged by others, it is the supergrace believers life, that judges the life of others. There are MANY born again believers who allow the evil, and the corruption of the cosmic system, that cause them NOT to stay with the PPOG, and they instead choose to follow the majority.
2. BTW, the majority CAN also include stereotype Christians. Let's note some characteristics of the stereotype Christian: the stereotype Christian is SOMEONE who has trusted the death, burial, & resurrection of TLJC, for grace salvation, but choose to stay totally ignorant of God's plan, even though they are a bonafide member of the Royal Family. These Christians generally conclude that the goal of the Christian life, and spirituality, is just living a very moral life, being honest, or having a sweet, kind, sincere, warm personality. Stereotype Christians attend church at least once a week, observe religious rituals, BUT they are still loser believers.
3. These stereotype Christians regard the mature believer as a fanatic, because they have never heard or understood certain doctrines. They tend to respect the Pastor who is always hustling around the church, doing counseling, hospital/home visits, & consequently doesn't have time to study, which results in pitiful sermons, with traditional sayings, but no real meat doctrine, or real clarity regarding what the biblical Gospel is. And because the Pastor is so busy doing everything else, and so, his congregation NEVER learns what the perfect plan of God is for them as members of the Royal Family, they don't grow. Please note that from the point of view of stereotype Christians, whatever is not understood by them, is just wrong. The danger of this is that they CAN be easily conned into programs that whitewash the devil's world, rather than taking in, metabolizing & applying accurate doctrine. Being ignorant of God's plan, they then become proud, legalistic, and even self-righteous.
4. The result of all of this is being a total failure in time, and consequently at the Bema seat judgment (JSC) they are going to shrink away in embarrassment as per 1 Jn. 2:28-29: “And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed (Grk. aorist passive subjunctive of aischynō meaning to shrink away in embarrassment) before him (TLJC) at his coming. If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness (produces divine good) is born of him” (Emphasis mine). The aorist tense used here is culminative that signifies effort or process, and indicates the accomplishment of the end of such effort or process. Here, it views the result of a believer’s total failure in time to really get with the PPOG, in time, & emphasizes its result, i.e. the lack of blessings in time. The passive voice means the believer receives the action of having the deficiency of epignōsis in their soul, filled up from the teaching ministries of the Holy Spirit and PMA. The subjunctive mood is potential and is dependent upon one’s consistency in the use of rebound plus maximum time spent in the filling of the Holy Spirit, combined with maximum intake & application of doctrine.
5. So, preferring not to be serious students of the WOG, as 2 Tim. 2:15 teaches, these stereotype Christians would rather be entertained with: praise services, dog & pony shows, & fellowship dinners, etc. resulting in arrogant subjective believers. 2 Tim. 2:15 says: “Study (Grk. spoudazo meaning to be enthusiastic and meticulous) to shew thyself approved (Grk. dokimos meaning acceptable in the furnace of adversity) unto God, a workman (Grk. ergates i.e. a serious student of the WOG) that needeth not to be ashamed (Grk. anepaischyntos meaning that believers CAN avoid shame at the JSC if they stay with PMA throughout their CWL), rightly dividing (Grk. present active participle of orthotomeō meaning handling accurately) the word of truth”. The corrected text of this verse looks like this: “Be meticulous to demonstrate to God the Father that you are a serious student of the Word, and thus being approved by God, as you show that you can handle doctrine accurately, thus avoiding shame at the judgement seat of Christ”.
6. Satan loves to distort the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. The interpretation of this verse is that Paul was telling Timothy HOW to be successful as a PT. By application, this is for all Pastors, AND for all serious students of the WOG. The PT is responsible to communicate biblical information to believers, with PVTD, so that the filling of the Holy Spirit, and resident Bible doctrine in their soul makes the advance to maturity possible. The result of this whole process is that the greater the inventory of biblical principles, in your soul, the more efficiently you will be to orient and adjust to the PPOG. OTOH, loser believers CAN choose to counterfeit an outward righteousness through change of behavior, but they cannot counterfeit a true inner change of genuine spiritual growth. The ONLY way to manufacture genuine spiritual growth, is through the ministry of God the Holy Spirit controlling the soul that is filled with doctrine. Believers MUST learn to distinguish between: personality, and spirituality!
7. Once you trust Christ as your Saviour, and you are born into His Royal Family, & you want to grow, you have to live by means of doctrine, as per Mat. 4:4 which declares: "Man shall not live on bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God" (emphasis mine). It is easier for believers to follow their friends into the cosmic system, than to remain faithful to the teaching of Bible doctrine. Prov. 13:20 says: “He who walks with wise men (spiritually mature believers) will be wise (spiritually mature), But the companion of fools (the unsaved or loser believers) will suffer harm (niphal imperfect of ruwah’ meaning to get out of fellowship and maybe stay in reversionism)”.
8. Our first exegetical look at this word “few”, is with regards to O.T. saints. The Holy Spirit actually did INDWELL a few of the Old Testament believers. In contrast to the Church Age, where the Holy Spirit indwells every believer, starting at the point of salvation. A believer COULD only receive the Holy Spirit in Old Testament times by asking for Him, & if God in His sovereign will. so desired, e.g. 2 Kings 2:9-10; Lk. 11:12. But, only a few did ask. This is known as induement, meaning to temporarily provide with a quality or trait. The Holy Spirit, was provided from time to time, after salvation, in the dispensation of Israel, and ONLY for special jobs, in order to fulfill the plan of God.
9. The disciplinary removal of the Spirit is illustrated by the case of King Saul in 1 Sam. 16:14: "But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him". It ALMOST occurred in the case of David, e.g. in Ps. 51:11, when David was just about to lose the Spirit, he prayed: “Take not thy Holy Spirit from me”. Note that you do not need to pray this prayer TODAY; as this would be an insult to God, & is also unnecessary. Old Testament believers, who received the Holy spirit, COULD lose the Holy Spirit as a matter of discipline, as per 1 Sam. 16:13-14. In this dispensation of the Church Age, you CANNOT ever lose the Holy Spirit! When you sin, and get out of fellowship, you CAN “grieve” - Eph. 4:30, or “quench” - 1 Thes. 5:19, the Holy Spirit, but you CANNOT lose the Holy Spirit, who indwells every believer in the Church Age, and He CANNOT be removed. (See: Gen. 41:38; Exod.28:3, 31:3; Numbers 11:18 & 27:18; Judges 3:10, 6:34, 13:25, 14:6, & 15:14; 1 Sam. 10:9-10). When the Holy spirit does not control the soul of the believer, the Spirit is said to be “grieved” or “quenched”. The word “grieve” is the present active imperative of lupeo in the Greek meaning to insult. Rebound is always the solution for whatever reason we get out of fellowship. Why insult? When a believer is filled with the Holy Spirit, a student under His mentorship and guidance, makes a decision to commit a sin, the Spirit is said to be insulted, and WE are commanded NOT to do this.
The word “quench” is the present active imperative of sbennumi, and is generally translated, to suppress, or to restrain. The original use of this word goes all the way back to Homer, and meant to put out a fire, or metaphorically, put an end to. The several ministries of the Holy Spirit are thus put an end to, by our personal sin. This is HOW the empowerment of the PPOG is thus put out, or extinguished, and His mentorship is brought to an end. He is summarily expelled from the soul and replaced by the old sin nature. with its strengths and weaknesses. When ANY believer sins, instruction stops, power is lost, and, in effect, YOU defect to the Dark Side. However, the Holy Spirit is patient, and stands by, ready for us to resume our spiritual advance. His grace ministries to the believer, have been put on hold indefinitely, while you as a carnal believer remain a defector from active duty. We CAN recover through the Rebound technique. Just realize that the plan of God always moves on, with or without us, but it is the Spirit’s desire that each of us join Him in moving forward as a divine phalanx. The phalanx formation was a close-rank, dense grouping of warriors armed with long spears and interlocking shields. When we don’t move forward, our Commanding Officer is both “grieved” and “quenched”. The result of this process is personal sin. This realization ignites the system that enables the believer to use their equal privilege & equal opportunity to grow in grace, serve God and Christ, advance to becoming a winner believer, and receive awards, rewards, & decorations in the eternal state. There are no exceptions among believers as to who CAN use rebound. It, like salvation, is available to “whosoever will”, among those who are saved.
10. Once the Church Age began EVERY believer is permanently indwelt by the Holy Spirit according to Jn. 7:37-39. Giving the Holy Spirit to indwell every believer was based on Jesus Christ being seated at the right hand of the Father. So to ALL of the Old Testament saints the Holy Spirit was not yet given BECAUSE Christ was not yet glorified. Once the Lord Jesus Christ was glorified then the Holy Spirit was given to ALL when they believed as per Jn. 16:14. The purpose of the giving of the Spirit is to glorify Jesus Christ on earth. Thus, only a “few” believers were ever INDWELT with the H.S. in old testament times. Note that at any given moment ONLY a “few” are ever in fellowship, by using rebound.
11. The WOG also points out that only a “few” are going to Heaven “Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few” - Mat. 7:13–14. This passage tells us that only those “few” who accept grace salvation, as provided by the: death, burial, & resurrection of Christ are given the privilege to become the children of God as per Jn. 1:12. As such, the gift of eternal life comes ONLY through Jesus Christ to all those who believe in what Christ has provided. He said, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” - Jn. 14:6. It’s not through Mohammed, Buddha, the Roman Catholic church, Judaism, or ANY other false gods or philosophies of man’s making. Jesus only saves those who fully trust in Him as their personal Saviour (Acts 4:12).
12. So, what are these 2 gates in Mat. 7:13–14? They are the entrance to 2 different “ways” or “gates”. The "wide gate” leads to the “broad way”, or road. The small, “narrow gate” leads to the way, or road, that is "narrow". The narrow way is the way of the saved, while the broad way is the way of the lost. But, as long as a member of the human race is alive, there is hope for their salvation. All that is required is positive volition to the Gospel, & God consciousness. Sometimes the people who give the greatest resistance to the Gospel eventually discover the “narrow” way to grace salvation. Then, after they are saved, a FEW experience a great change, WHY? Because of their appreciation of Bible doctrine.
13. OTOH, the “broad” way is the religious or self-righteous way. The most deceived people in the world right now are religious people. The next most deceived people are self-righteous people. Self-righteousness + religion is the great enemy of God, and THIS is satan’s great deception to keep people lost, and going to the lake of fire, for all eternity. Those cosmic evangelists who preach a gospel of inclusiveness where “all roads lead to heaven” preach an utterly different gospel than the true Gospel, that Jesus preached, and that the Apostle Paul described in 1 Cor. 15:1, & 3-4. The gate of self-centeredness, self-absorption, and a proud, holier-than-thou mindset is the “wide gate” of the world that leads to hell, NOT the “narrow gate” that leads to the FREE GIFT of eternal life. As a result, most people spend their lives following the masses, who are on the broad road, doing what everyone else does, and believing what everyone else believes.
The narrow way is the way of recognizing that you cannot save yourself, and you MUST depend on Jesus Christ alone to save you! The fact that “few”, as compared to the general population, find God’s way of grace salvation, explains WHY grace salvation is ONLY for those “few” who exercise positive volition & God consciousness. “You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart” - Jer. 29:13. The point is this that NO ONE will just stumble into Heaven, or will wander through the narrow gate by accident. Someone asked Jesus, “Lord, will those who are saved be few?” He replied, “Strive (Grk. present middle imperative of agōnizomai meaning to put forth every effort or strain every nerve to learn what the free gift of salvation is. The present tense refers to that which has begun in the past with results that continue into the present The middle voice is where the subject performs or experiences the action expressed by the verb in such a way that emphasizes the subject’s participation. It may be said that the subject acts with a vested interest) to enter through the narrow door. For many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able” - Lk. 13:23–24. Many will seek to enter that narrow door, the door of salvation, but “will not be able”. They are unwilling to trust/rely on Jesus death, burial, & resurrection alone. The question for you is, then, on which road are you?
14. Do you aspire to be one of the “few” who choose to become an effective soulwinner? “Therefore said he (TLJC) unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest” - Lk. 10:2. Personal evangelism is the secret to church growth. It is simple, biblical, basic, and ANY believer can be involved in it. "The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and he who wins souls is wise" - Prov. 11:30 (emphasis mine). "Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever" - Dan. 12:3. Nothing creates as much joy in Heaven as the salvation of one single soul! “I tell you, in the same way there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents (Grk. metanoeō meaning to change your mind) than over ninety-nine righteous people who have no need to repent (Grk. metanoia)” - Lk. 15:7. Jesus gave us a job to do!
15. Note that Soul-winners are spiritually prepared through PMA. Effective soul-winners are able to share Christ anytime, anywhere, you cross paths with an unbeliever. Soul-winners adapt to whatever situation they find themself in. Most do not rely on mechanical or canned Gospel presentations. They have developed their own particular style that: is personal and conversational. They use their own language and illustrations that will be unique and effective in each encounter. Soul-winners begin each day with a sense of expectation. They feel a divine sense of mission. They see themselves as instruments of God's grace to others. They seek to make the most of their encounters with others by purposely initiating and leading the conversation into talking about their need for salvation. Soul-winners don't worry about results, they just realize that they CANNOT lead everyone to Christ that they witness to. People trust Christ ONLY through the work of the Holy Spirit. They pray for GHS to provide divine appointments and witnessing opportunities. Soul-winners pray for those to whom they have witnessed. And, they pray for those with whom they have not yet witnessed.
16. Don’t be afraid to boldly speak to others about Jesus and their need to get saved. "For God did not give us a spirit of bashfulness, but rather a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. So do not be ashamed to give evidence about our Lord…" - 2 Tim. 1:7-8 (corrected). A lot of Christians today operate like terrified chickens, too scared, and too timid, to talk about Jesus, and explain the Gospel simply & clearly. In order to become an effective soul-winner, you MUST put your gifts, talents, and resources to use, and create positive and effective results.
17. A soul winner MUST also be consistent: Ps. 126:6 says: “He who continually goes forth weeping, Bearing seed for sowing, Shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, Bringing his sheaves with him” (emphasis mine). Remember that if it seems your prospect turns you down it means that it is not yet the right time for them to believe the Gospel. For SOME people, they only need to hear it once, and then they will readily trust Christ as their Saviour, but for others it may take a long time, before they decide.
18. Are you willing to be one of those “few” who really aspire to being a winner believer? This world has its own twisted, warped, distorted, and perverted pattern of values and priorities. We must have no part of it. "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind…" - Romans 12:2. We must stand out and be peculiar."But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light" - 1 Pet. 2:9 (emphasis mine). Some folks are so scared of standing out, and of being labeled as weirdo’s, and Jesus freaks, & by doing this they become paralyzed, and utterly useless to Jesus Christ and the PPOG. Dare to stand out for Jesus Christ. Dare to be different from this messed up world. "Therefore come out from them and be separate (Grk. aorist passive imperative of aphorizo meaning to be different or set apart) says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you" - 2 Cor. 6:17. Quit trying to fit in and be accepted by the world; it’s not worth the effort. We are in this world, but we are not of this world (Jn. 17:16). "If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you" - Jn. 15:19 (emphasis mine).
19. Never before has there been ANYTHING as important as the PPOG of the Royal Family of God. There has never been anything as important as the phenomenal portfolio of invisible assets which belongs to EVERY believer. All believers, regardless of background, handicaps, successes, or ANY human factor, have equality given by God Himself. There has NEVER been anything as important as our unique royal commissions: Royal priesthood, and Royal ambassadorship. Never before has there been anything as important as the unique mystery doctrines of the Church Age, and the indwelling of the Trinity for EVERY believer. We are fortunate to live in the dispensation when the ordinary believer is important.
20. You are important, your life is important, and your attitude toward doctrine is important. Our time on Planet Earth is like a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. Anyone who places other things in life above doctrine is losing all the equal privilege and equal opportunity that God has provided. All those things will become so very meaningless in eternity; at most, they will add up to regret. In eternity you will realize that the things you considered important on earth were not important at all! Although you CANNOT lose your salvation, you CAN become a loser believer. A part of the agony of the sin unto death is to realize that you had an opportunity to make your life count in a fantastic way; instead, you chose instead, to follow the plan of satan, for human life on this earth.
21. Conclusion: Your life has very definite purpose, meaning, and definition in this Angelic Conflict, especially in the Church Age with all of its unique features. But, only if you CHOOSE to be one of the “few” who desire to be winner believers!
Action step: Don’t expect the world to change for you, first you change, and then you go out and change the world! Your actions matter. Your very existence matters. YOU are the answer to creating a better world. Please share this ministry with a friend or anyone else you care about As ambassadors here’s something YOU can do, invite 5-7 people over to your home for healthy refreshments. Play one of my Bible classes to the group. Let the H.S. take over, and see what happens.
~~~spread this lesson all over the internet...make it go viral~~~